Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Embrace the Grace dummy

There are times when everything that can go wrong does and then some things go wrong that you didn’t even know could. Then there are times when things seem to go right. I spoke at The Get Together today, a gathering of over 60 business professionals with whom I am a partner ministry of. After I presented, key connections were made with people who can really impact our ministry. I am sitting on a plane right now headed for Atlanta to meet Doug Stringer at the Synergize Conference. Christian leaders and delegates from all over the world are coming together to (Synergize) develop a campaign to reach the “Second billion” souls. What an honor to be connected with such a historic event. I return Friday and then two days later I’ll be off again for Peru. Pastor Robert and Camino de Vida are hosting the 2008 Corazon Conference. There I will be commissioned in front of thousands as a minister to men.

So, I’m on the plane and I’m thinking, I must be going something right, for God to be moving in my life the way He is. Before I can catch myself in this theological fuax pa, it hits me. I still haven’t embraced grace. Why do I insist on trying to identify behaviors that merit favor? Perhaps If I can learn what actions trigger God’s favor, I can reproduce those actions to always stay on the good side of God. Maybe God is satisfied with the amount of time I have been spending in prayer lately? Maybe God is happy because there is much discipleship in the ministry? Or God is extra satisfied with my exegetical positions of late. Then I feel the Holy Spirit chuckle, (can He chuckle?) as if to say “You big dummy”. Just embrace the grace. Why can’t things be going good because God is in control? He is sovereign and it’s all His divinely orchestrated intelligence, doing what He wants, when He wants, how He wants, with whom He wants. I can accept that. A calming peace pours over me as I recline my seat and crank up my ipod. I am loved by God and it feels good. Is it sometimes hard for you to embrace the grace?

-PST

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

His grace has brought you to the end of another day. You did great speaking at the get together. I love to watch the response of the audience when they experience that the Godly wisdom out measures the age. Steve, you are and always have been a willing vessel ready to be used by God. Because of that there are no limits.

Have a good time Representin Victory Family
in Atlanta!

Anonymous said...

Write your struggles in sand and write your Victories in stone!!!

Embrace the grace....

Anonymous said...

There are many times that I have struggled to embrace his grace...and personally I am glad to know I’m not the only one!!! On occasions when God had shown me his precious grace I find my self questioning…what does this mean, where do I go from here, why is God being so good to me…but then it’s like you know what Lord I will take it for what it s….a blessing!!! Thank you Lord for you GRACE….for always loving and accepting me!!! You never fail me!!!

Sarah said...

This post was wonderfully encouraging and educating. Often times, I see good things happening as a sure sign that I have done something right. The implications of that are scary! Thanks for reminding me to embrace the grace.
Wonderful to read your blogs.

Anonymous said...

Alot of times the Lord will "prevent us with His Love", showering us with blessings before we do anything of worth, in anticipation of what we don't even know we're about to do for His Will to be done in our lives. Then, it comes right out of nowhere and strengthens our faith