Monday, February 18, 2008

Sunday Night Reflections (on Monday)

Mondays are a little different for me. Instead of dreading another long workweek filled with mundane tasks and menial to-dos, I feel like my workweek has just finished. I read once that to speak for 45 minutes publicly it produces the emotional stress of an eight-hour workday. It’s no wonder I am so drained after speaking at both services. I can’t imagine pastors who preach five services over the weekend. Last week I meet Zhenya Kasevich from Hillsongs Church in Russia. He has four services in Kiev, Ukraine and flies to Moscow for one more! That’s crazy. It just goes to show that when God calls you to a specific task He will produce the grace needed to perform that task.

Mondays are my Saturdays. Except the kids have school, my inbox gets filled, my phone still rings and everyone else knows it’s Monday. When Monday comes around I usually breath a sigh of relief, as another long weekend comes to a close. I can reflect on the people I’ve met, counseled or prayed for. I can critique my delivery and my sermons, (usually harshly). I can remember how blessed I am to be pastor and carrier of a sacred calling. Ok, I threw that last one in there to sound more Zen but you get the idea. The truth is, I can’t wait until the day I have five services to speak at. I can imagine how those Sunday night reflections will be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So....we don't call you on Mondays right?? LOL!!
Well regardless of how many services you get to preach the word, one, two, three..... Im still so very proud of my Pastors, Im pretty sure the whole church feels the same way!!!!! Keep up the good work!!

Anonymous said...

Pastor, when God gives you the strength to minister at more than the already 2 services, then he will give the rest of us the strength to serve at all those services too.
That's encouraging!--t.n.

ginger edwards said...

pastor steve,

i can't wait to watch you on tv!!!!