Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Unique Addiction


Where is addiction? Is it hidden in the recesses of the mind? Does addiction flow through the blood streams, inherited from our genealogy like a generational curse? Is it a learned behavior that has become imbedded with our character because of years of practice? Is it a defense mechanism we’ve developed to medicate our emotional sicknesses? Addiction is not reserved for the under privileged, uneducated, or minority. It crosses all social-economic and cultural demographics. From the penitentiary to the penthouse, from nightclubs to rotary clubs, from poppy fields of the Middle East to football fields of Middle America, addiction is no respecter of persons. Lets consider the drug addict for a moment.

Read the full article here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't really callit an addiction, there was a time in my life when the only thing that would ease the pain and hurt, were at one time called my friends, which were Bars, there was a time when I didn't remember thing that was going on because I was into them, I was gone. Then it was cocaine, and man that was in. I would use it every chance that I would get and the funny part was when I was high, I would tell my friends how hungry I was for God, and thay would trip and some would want to discuss. Then one night, I decided that I was abig girl so I tried coke and I popped xo's, well that did the trick, I almost had a heart attack and could have very well died, God had mercy on me. All this time I was trying to ease the pain, not knowing that there was a better solution, that that was Jesus christ himself, he lifted me up, dusted me off. Thank you Jesus for the mercy that you had on me, and taking me out of that life. I have now been serving God faithfully, for about a year and I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world. He is the way, and he deserves every part of me. And thank you Julie for guiding me in the right direction. Love you and Pastor always.......