Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cross-Moments

When the Spirit prompts you to move, to act, he is really prompting us to trust, and believe. These are opportunities to die to self. The instinctive nature of man is self-preservation and it will hinder you from dieing to self.

For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin — because anyone who has died has been freed from sin. In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. –Romans 6:6,7,11

We accepted this death because we believed that God could resurrect new life within us. You had a Cross-moment. The cross is not a one-time moment.

Then he said to them all: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. –Luke 9:23

God wants us to have cross moments everyday. We need to die to self; daily.
The key to experiencing spiritual power is dieing to self. If we desire to become like Christ in His life we must become like Him in His death. The reason we do not want to die to self is because we do not believe that God raises the dead. The key to victory and defeat is in yielding. Romans 6:11-13

6 comments:

jackie35 said...

The act of dying to self is the hardest thing to do, but it is also the most rewarding thing to do. Being able to listen to The Lord speaking to you and then stepping out and doin whatever it is that he wants you to do without question or doubt is truely beautiful. The trust that we give him is never unfounded for he earned it before we even knew him.

Dont know if it made any sense but it was hard to explain what I was feeling. Sounded good in my head..lol

Anonymous said...

It makes great sense. I believe dying to self is only way to seek God. And scripture says Heb. 11:6 "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."

Then only way we will die is if we believe God raises the dead. Thisn is the faith that pleases Him.

-Steve trevino

Anonymous said...

I feel so privledged being able to learn what God truly requires of us. It amazes me that after 8 years of being saved this last year at Victory Family has been the pinnacle of my Christian walk. I feel I am truly getting to feast on the REAL word for the first time and I wonder how many other Christians out there need to feast as well. Dying to self for me is a daily practice that brings me closer to Jesus more and more each day- and I love it!

Jessica C.

Anonymous said...

Dying to self.... hmm wut comes to mind when u think about Dying to self? The gossip that was so easy for you to talk, the anger that would rise up in you, the hurt that you would still be feeling, the resentment that was once held, the jealousy that was just hangin around.?......... Well, dying for me has been a learning and rewarding experience, because now that Christ lives in me, I see christ manifesting through me. And all those feelings that I once held have been washed away by his blood!

Anonymous said...

There is no other way,the only way to fellowship with the Father is through Christ.Jesus said I am the way the truth and the Life,Dying Daily is the way,this is the truth and the Life;Jhon 11:25 I Am the resurrectoin and the life.He who believes in me will live,even though he dies ;what we sow does not come to life unless it dies, every day brings the oportunity to experience Life,but first we must Die (do you believe)


-Crufied heart

Steve Trevino said...

Crucified Heart, great comment. Who are you? Identify yourself Crucified Heart. Put you mug up or something :)